Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Visa Repositioning....I don't get it

I'm going to cry no-clothes on the new Visa positioning. In the abstract, I thought the campaign sounded good, although I'm a little hard pressed to think why "everywhere you want to be" needed to be changed.

But I see the executions and have to admit that I don't get it. One caveat: I haven't seen any broadcast spots. But the outdoor and the online leaves me stumped.

I've got a banner on Yahoo! right now that tells me life takes "posers"--complete with a photo from the prom or wedding or something. Five women pucker up in over-dramatic kisses.

Ummm...what?

Apart of the total disconnect from anything having to do with using a credit card, I don't know that anyone would want to be classified as a "poser". Plus--the ad offers absolutely no incentive to click through.

The Visa company is built upon the intelligence of smart marketers. I've written and spoken deeply about their phenominal ideas happen campaign. But this corporate branding? I just don't get it.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I am going to start watching for this campaign to either correct its course or get pulled.
Save This Page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home